Terms & Conditions
To secure a place on one of our courses, please return the completed Booking form together with a non-refundable deposit of £100 to Castle School.
- Students must pay course fees in full in advance (no later than 21 days before the start of the course), unless otherwise arranged with the school.
- Students have to pay registration fees for examinations (if any).
- All students who require a home-stay must pay a minimum of four weeks accommodation fee as shown on the invoice (or the total fee if less than 4 weeks), at least 3 weeks before the start of their home-stay.
- If students require transport from the airport, the transfer fee must be paid at least 3 weeks before arrival in England.
In the event of circumstances beyond our control or where the number of bookings received does not reach the minimum number required to operate a course viably, the school reserves the right to change services offered, including details of the course, facilities and dates of programmes. Alternative arrangements will be made.
Cancellations/ Refund Policy
In the case of acceptance letters having been sent, the Home Office is always informed of the student’s name and passport number if they cancel their course
- Cancellations must be made in writing and will only apply from the date it is received by the school administration.
- If notification of cancellation is received by Castle School more than 14 days before the start of the course, Castle School will give a full refund, and retain the (£100) deposit. If notification of cancellation is received less than 14 days before the start of the course, Castle School will retain 50% of the fees paid. In the event of cancellation after the commencement or before the end of the course, no fees can be reimbursed.
- If a student cancels their accommodation less than 14 days before the start accommodation date, 1 week’s accommodation fee is charged.
- Under no circumstances can fees or credit for cancelled courses be transferred to another student.
- If a student has arrived at the accommodation, and requests to be moved to another home stay, 1 week’s notice must be given, or 1 week’s accommodation fee must be paid (in the event of a student or home stay provider being very unhappy with their family/student, the school endeavours to rectify the situation as quickly as possible, and investigate the cause of the problem(s).
- If a cancellation is made (at any time) due to a student’s failure to obtain a Visa, a copy of the official refusal letter issued by the Home Office or British Embassy must be provided by the student. Failure to provide this confirmation results in the Home Office being informed of the student’s name and passport number and no refund will be given. If the confirmation is provided, all fees apart from £100 advance payment of fees are refunded.
- No fees are refunded in the case of late arrival for a course.
- Castle School reserves the right to charge a booking amendment fee of £100 for changes in tuition or accommodation made during the course.
- Castle School reserves the right to refuse any student suffering from any mental or physical disability that has not been disclosed on the Enrolment Form.
Public / Bank holidays
Castle School will be closed on Public / Bank holidays and no refund or credit will be given for these days.
Resolution of Disputes
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your course, you should contact the Reception or Principal/ Director of Studies on site. If the matter is not resolved, you or your agent should write to Castle School. Any such complaint will be investigated providing:
- It is received within one month of the course start date.
- It was initially registered in writing to the Administration Manager or Course Director.
- All invoices relating to the student making the complaint have been settled in full.
Castle School, its staff and representatives are not liable:
- For any loss, damage or injury to persons or property however caused, except where liability is expressly imposed by law. Students are advised to purchase insurance, including medical insurance, to cover all eventualities before leaving their own country.
- In the event that reasons or causes beyond our control prevent the delivery of any service or programme.
Conduct of Students
- You must comply with the directions and follow the rules of the school and of your course.
- We reserve the right to expel any student for behaviour which is unacceptable. In this event fees will be forfeited and you will have to pay any consequential travel or other costs.
- You are liable for any damage you may cause, and will have to pay the full cost of replacement or repair.
- Any violence, threatening behaviour or abuse will be dealt with according to the Castle School Policy. (A copy is available upon request from Reception)
Students who have been granted a student visa must report to the school on the due date then attend at least 15 hours tuition per week. Students failing to comply with Visa Regulations will be reported to the Home Office.
Policy for non-arrival of students
Students who book a course at the school must:
- Arrive on the date that their course begins, or
- Notify the school (prior to the course start date) of any problem preventing them from arriving at the school on the course start date. The school must be provided with documentary evidence of this problem within 14 days of notification, and arrive within 21 days of the course start date.
Failure to meet the above criteria will result in notification to the Home Office of the circumstances, including the name and passport number of the person in question.
Castle School’s Terms and Conditions do not affect your rights under UK law.
Here at Castle School, staff can offer students help on: Welfare & Counselling, Passports & Visas, Insurance & Personal Security, Health & Safety, University Placement Advice and Airport Transfer.
We are situated a stone's throw from the main Brighton Shopping Centre of Churchill Square and a mere 10 minutes walk from the train station.
With both Home Stay and Self Catering accommodation on offer, you can find the right accommodation suitable for you. The average commuting time from nearby accommodation to school is just 15-30 mintues.
Photos on FLICKR