- Student Services
- Book Now
BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COUNTRY
It is important before leaving your own country to make sure that you are well-prepared for your trip. Below you will find some information which may help you in this direction.
• Make sure that you have all your travel documents in order as this will make passing through airport controls easier.
• The school must be in receipt of your signed application form including emergency address and telephone numbers.
• If you are being accommodated in a host family/homestay provider you must have the name, address (including post code) and telephone number of the host(s) with you for immigration purposes.
• Check insurance – make sure that you are covered for unexpected incidents: for example, travel, incidental and medical insurance (if necessary).
• Pack your suitcase carefully – bring your favourite clothes depending on the time of year of your visit – not forgetting that the weather in England can be changeable.
ARRIVING IN THE UK
Once you have cleared immigration and customs you will find yourself in the airport arrivals hall. There are several possibilities for traveling to Brighton – you may take a bus, over-ground train, underground train or a taxi. Below you will find directions from the two main London airports – Heathrow and Gatwick – and also from the two outer airports, Luton and Stansted:
FROM HEATHROW AIRPORT TO BRIGHTON
By Bus You should take the National Express coach from the airport coach station directly to Pool Valley Bus/coach station in Brighton.
By London Underground / Train Take the London Underground from Heathrow Airport to London Victoria and take the over-ground train from Victoria Station to Brighton Station.
By Taxi Taxis are expensive in the UK – black cabs with meters are particularly expensive. For students requiring a taxi the school can arrange to collect you at the airport. Please make sure this is arranged with the school in advance and confirmed to you.
FROM GATWICK AIRPORT TO BRIGHTON
The easiest way from Gatwick to Brighton is by train – this can be taken from the main line Gatwick Airport Train Station directly to Brighton Station.
By Taxi As mentioned above, taxis are expensive. The school can arrange to collect you at the airport. Please make sure this is arranged with the school in advance and confirmed to you.
FROM STANSTED AIRPORT TO BRIGHTON
The best way to travel from Stansted is by National Express Coach.
FROM LUTON AIRPORT TO BRIGHTON
Take the shuttle bus from Luton Airport to Luton Train Station and take the train to Brighton Station.
Please contact the school as follows:
Tel: 01273 748185 During Office Hours (Mon– Fri 08.30– 18.00)
Emergency Tel: 0744 0552596 For emergencies only! Outside Office Hours
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CASTLE SCHOOL AND ABOUT BRIGHTON AND HOVE
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE PAGES.
We are situated a stone's throw from the main Brighton Shopping Centre of Churchill Square and a mere 10 minutes walk from the train station.
With both Home Stay and Self Catering accommodation on offer, you can find the right accommodation suitable for you. The average commuting time from nearby accommodation to school is just 15-30 mintues.
Castle School of English is a trading style of Castle School Ltd. Registered in the UK number 6405679. Registered Office Address: 12 Dyke Road, Brighton. BN1 3FE