Social Activities & Excursions
At Castle School we want you to have fun, make friends and learn about life in the UK as well as learn the English language. This is why we help you to meet people both in and out of lessons.
Leisure activities such as outings, cultural visits, sports, parties, dinners, discos and excursions are among the many things you can choose from.
*Social activities and excursions are optional and may incur additional costs. Additional Prices
We work closely with an organisation that arranges visits to many towns and cities and places of interest. For more information on trips, click here
Excursions all over Britain every week!
Full-Day excursions to:
Half-Day excursions to:
For more information go to:
Students will have the opportunity to enjoy a real taste of Brighton and the surrounding countryside, as well as English customs and culture.
Brighton & Hove has probably the best choice of entertainment on the south coast. In the city you will find several cinemas, concert halls and theatres. Top names in the music world regularly perform here before moving to London's West End. In addition, Brighton & Hove has a reputation for some of the best nightclubs outside London with top DJ's regularly playing here.
From the modern shopping mall in Churchill Square to the antique jewellery shops of the 'Lanes' in the old town or the bohemian shops of the North Laines, there is something for everyone.
Throughout the year the city is host to many festivals and special events.
- The Brighton Festival of Arts and Music, held in May, is one of the largest festivals in Europe.
- The London to Brighton Bike Ride, in June every year, is a very popular cycle event.
- The Brighton Food Festival takes place in September.
- The London to Brighton Veteran Car Run takes place on the first Sunday of every November and commemorates the Emancipation run of 1896.
- Lewes Bonfire Night – 5th November is the UKs night for fireworks and most towns and cities will have a display. Lewes, a market town 6 miles from Brighton and Hove, has the most riotous, historic and extensive celebrations in the region.
- December – Burning of the Clocks. A parade, fireworks, and a symbolic burning of paper clocks to mark the end of the year.
As well as sports centres and swimming pools, there are sports facilities available for sailing, windsurfing, beach volleyball, golf, cycling, football, basketball and tennis, amongst others.
Here at Castle School, staff can offer students help on: Welfare & Counselling, Passports & Visas, Insurance & Personal Security, Health & Safety, University Placement Advice and Airport Transfer.
We are situated a stone's throw from the main Brighton Shopping Centre of Churchill Square and a mere 10 minutes walk from the train station.
With both Home Stay and Self Catering accommodation on offer, you can find the right accommodation suitable for you. The average commuting time from nearby accommodation to school is just 15-30 mintues.
Photos on FLICKR